Thursday 25 July 2013

Abersoch

last week my two best friends and I went on a little camping holiday to Abersoch for a couple of nights. We were so chuffed that the weather was forecast to be sunny and very hot whilst we were away, so we packed a hell of a lot of sun cream!
We stayed in a quiet little campsite in Llanbedrog which was full of lovely old couples who always smiled and chatted when they saw you. After spending the whole of the first day swimming and sun bathing on Llanbedrog beach was adventured into pwllheli for literally the best chips I have ever had in my life!
On the second day we went down to Hell's mouth beach for a surfing lesson, it turned out that there was barely any waves due to a lack of current and wind! but Nick, our instructor, still gave us a great lesson and I still managed to stand up on the board. I don't know about anyone else that has ever worn a wet suit but I had the worst time trying to get it in, the arm holes were literally so tiny that my hands wouldn't fit in, not to mention it was like 30 odd degrees out so we were all hot and sweaty, after what seemed like years of tugging and four cut and bleeding fingers we were finally in our wetsuits! I definitely think that surfing is my calling in life! Seriously when I'm older I am going to buy a classic VW campervan, paint it up and then travel the world surfing!
After surfing we went into Abersoch to look around the shops and go to the beach, Abersoch is one of the cutest little beach towns I've been to and its definitely worth a visit.
Finally on the last day we ventured down onto Whistling Sands beach, I would definitely recommend going here if you're ever in the area. Due to some weirdly shaped sand, if you scoot your feet whilst walking along the beach the sand actually squeaks!

 Abersoch
 Llanbedrog
 llanbedrog
 llanbedrog
Whistling Sands
 Campsite - Llanbedrog
Us after surfing!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment