Saturday 16 August 2014

The Kings' Experience

These past 4 weeks I have been working at a kids summer camp in my home town as a swim coach and lifeguard...
It has been a bit of a whirl wind to be honest as I applied for the job one day, was given an interview literally the next day and started camp the week after, therefore I had very little time to prepare myself for how manic the month ahead would be.
As the camps main swim coach, my job was to teach all of the children swimming but with a fun element, so I basically just played games and splashed around in the pool for the entire time I was at work!
Although stressful at times, I have had the best 4 weeks and have made some great friends and have really learnt a lot about swimming in general and about working with young children..

...next stop for me, applying to work at a summer camp in CANADA

No comments:

Post a Comment